WHAT IS NEEDED?
Specific Opening Needs and Deferred Maintenance
Thank you for your interest in helping Rubicon reopen. Here are some of the larger needs and how you can help. To discuss your gift and customize your benefits, please contact Beverly Ward at (805) 667-2912, ext. 280 firstname.lastname@example.org, or Karyl Lynn Burns at (805) 667-2912, ext. 224 email@example.com
Show Licenses – $3,000 to $20,000
Deposits must be made for new shows before they can be announced. The licensing companies determine fees based on projected income, the relative popularity and market for the show, and their individual contracts with the artists.
Ticketing System and Website – $18,000
Our prior ticketing system has been purchased by a new company and retired and we are in the midst of the converting our data. We hope to launch the new system and an accompanying website before we reopen.
Artist Underwriting and Show Sponsorships – $6,000 to $83,500
Benefits at different levels may include tickets; opportunities to meet the artist/s; mentions from the stage; name or logo on collateral materials, print advertising, broadcast, website, press releases, and social media. Call us to find out about shows and artists currently in consideration.
Season Brochure (Design, Printing and Mailing Costs) – $5,000 to $25,000
Once a season is selected, we need to let our community know – reaching out to former single ticket buyers and subscribers and new arrivals in our region.
Furloughed Staff Member Salaries and Benefits – $36,000 – $72,000
Help us bring back furloughed personnel and increase hours for those now on a limited schedule so we may start the process of producing and marketing the shows.
- Artistic Director
- Production Manager
- Technical Director/Facilities Manager
- Marketing Director/Social Media Manager
- Full-Time Guest Services Manager
- Part-Time Guest Services Staff
- Administrative Assistant
- Janitorial (contract must be doubled or tripled based on show schedules due to Covid)
- Covid Officer (Union Requirement)
Building Repairs and Renovations – $1,500 to the Moon
In Rubicon’s first two decades, we focused on putting the dollars on the stage and in the art. Some projects below are requirements from government or union entities (for example plumbing and HVAC) that must happen before we can open. Others are deferred maintenance. Larger funds are needed for the most important changes (restrooms and parking). The projects are listed below mostly in the order in which they will be started. Projects may be broken down into smaller sections depending on donor interest. For example, Lobby Renovation might be broken into Welcome Area, Fireplace, Bar, etc. Items marked with an asterisk are essential or advisable prior to reopening. Others will be started at later juncture once funding is committed. In-kind donations of goods or services are also welcomed!
- Theatre Seating Restoration (Varnish, Clean, Oil Joints for Squeak) – $6,500*
- Stained Glass Window Hole Repair – $5,800*
- Plumbing (Replace Pipes and Increase Pressure for Hot Water) – $25,000*
- Patch Cracks in Stucco and Exterior Paint – $8,000*
- Interior Paint – $8,000*
- Entrance and Meister Lobby Renovation – $35,000*
- Downstairs Restrooms Renovation – $25,000/$35,000*
- Downstairs Reception Room – $50,000*
- Tiles, Wood Floor Refinishing, and Carpets – $30,000*
- HVAC and Covid Retrofit Needs – $12,000*
- Laby Hall Paint and Historical Graphics or Mural – $15,000*
- Deep Post-Fire Cleaning – $8,000*
- Signage – $4,000*
- Banners – $3,000*
- Security Wall, Tiled Patio with Furniture – $95,000
- Fountain – $10,000
- Patio Landscaping – $12,000
- Alcohol License and Inventory – $125,000
- Electrical Repair – $35,000 – $50,000
- Catering Kitchen – $40,000 – $80,000
Related to facilities, we are also looking for 3,000+ square feet of low-cost or free storage for costumes and props and to use for classes and rehearsals.
Name the Building (Addressing Accessibility, Expanded Restrooms, Parking and More)
If you or someone you know is interested in helping Rubicon plan for the future, we are looking for a visionary, generous individual or family to lead the way in a capital campaign to help us make the theatre completely accessible and secure and to provide parking. Let’s make Rubicon the jewel of the Central Coast. This is an opportunity to leave a legacy for the community that will be remembered for generations!