2024 New York Trip
Announcing Our Spring 2024
Theatre-Lovers Trip to Broadway
March 5–11, 2024
Call Now to Register!
(805) 667-2912, ext. 246
For those that were inspired by the Tony Awards last week, we are pleased to announce a New York Trip for Spring of 2024! As always, this will be an incredibly special excursion, with plenty of behind-the-scenes experiences.
We’ve added an extra day of fun, so this year’s trip is 6 nights and 7 days – a Tuesday to Monday – giving you another full day on Sunday tentatively planned for a jazz brunch at One If By Land and Two If By Sea (an historic restaurant in Greenwich Village once owned by Aaron Burr), and a final memorable matinee.
In the past, our trips have sold-out quickly, so we recommend early reservations. Call Araceli Agaarwal at (805) 667-2912, ext. 246 to arrange payment of $1,950 per person, $950 of which is a tax-deductible donation to Rubicon and $1,000 of which is your non-refundable deposit. The balance will be split between payments in September and January and courtesy invoices will be provided.
Broadway Shows, a Meet-and-Greet with Broadway Artists,
Behind-the-Scenes Adventures, Foodie Excursions, a Guided Tour, and More!
- 6 nights and 7 days in the heart of New York’s bustling theatre district (an EXTRA day – Tuesday through Monday).
- Accommodations at the Marriott Marquis Times Square. A group favorite, the Marquis is located near Times Square, the TKTS discount booth, Shubert Alley and Junior’s Deli (cheesecake, anyone?). New this year: each room will receive a $30 food credit against room charges or restaurant charges to your room (note this is per day and not cumulative).
- 5 Broadway Blockbusters. Shows under consideration include Merrily We Roll Along with Daniel Radcliffe (best known as Harry Potter), The Wiz starring Wayne Brady with an updated book by Amber Ruffin, Purlie Victorious with Leslie Odom, Jr. (Tony winner for Hamilton), Water for Elephants, The Heart of Rock and Roll, Doubt with Tyne Daley (who appeared at Rubicon in Love, Loss and What I Wore) and Liev Schreiber, a new version of An Enemy of the People with Jeremy Strong, or one of the new plays like The Shark is Broken (coming from London) or Prayer for the French Republic. We will let you know as we hear the word on the street and follow reviews.
- Behind-the-Scenes Experiences. Whether it’s a bagel breakfast or a backstage tour, we always provide opportunities for you to meet and visit with performers or other creative personnel to learn about the energy and passion that fuels the shows we see!
- Brooklyn Excursion with Pre-Opening Museum Tour, Stroll through Prospect Park. We will spend a delightful day in New York’s hot spot – Brooklyn. We’ll begin with a visit to the beautiful Beaux Arts’ style Brooklyn Museum before they open for a guided tour, followed by time to wander and further enjoy the collection (more than 500,000 pieces, including incredible Egyptian antiquities, and American arts beginning with the Colonial period). Artists represented in the collection include Mark Rothko, Edward Hopper, Norman Rockwell, Judy Chicago, Winslow Homer, Edgar Degas, Georgia O’Keeffe, and Max Weber. After lunch at a casual Brooklyn eatery, we’ll take a guided walking tour of Prospect Park.
- More Foodie Fun. This year we will enjoy a group meal at the Michelin-starred The River Café, described by many as “the most beautiful restaurant in the world.” Nestled riverside under the Brooklyn Bridge, The River Café exudes romance with its breathtaking NYC skyline views, gorgeous atmosphere and classic American cuisine. There will be two additional hosted meals, one a jazz brunch and the other TBA.
- Staff Support. We love to find new ways to make these trips memorable, and are happy to help with special requests. My name is Araceli and I am excited to join you on this year’s trip and to serve as your Concierge, along with Executive Assistant Perla Ponti and Producing Artistic Director Co-Founder Karyl Lynn Burns.
$4,865 per person*, double occupancy, plus a tax-deductible donation of $950 to Rubicon.
RESERVE YOUR SPOT TODAY!
Early reservations strongly recommended.
Your place is held with a deposit of $1,950 per person.
To make a reservation, please email or call me TODAY:
or call 805.667.2912, ext. 246
*The trip does not include airfare as many of our patrons like to use airline miles or extend their stay. For those who choose to travel with the staff, ground transportation to and from LAX and to and from the Marriott Marquis in Times Square is included. Please note that because we book through wholesalers with stringent refund policies, all payments become non-refundable. If you find you are unable to attend, you are welcome to gift or sell the Rubicon portion of your package to another traveler. Travel insurance may be purchased through Karin at Frosch Travel or directly through Vanguard and other vendors.