BE A PART OF OUR SEPTEMBER
SUBsCRIPTION BLITZ and MATCH CAMPAIGN!
Help us welcome 150 new subscribers and raise $150,000
in match funds by September 30
Enter to Win our TRUE NORTH Contest!
Grand Prize Package
7-Day Carnival Cruise for 2 from Vancouver to Alaska with an Ocean View Cabin.
Airfare for 2 from L.A. to Vancouver and Return Flight from Seattle to L.A. for 2
An Overnight Hotel Stay in Vancouver
Easy Ways to Enter:
Refer a New Subscriber We appreciate our faithful subscribers! Refer a friend and you will be entered to Win! We know there is no one better to share the experience of regularly attending Rubicon performances and the joy of live theatre than our current subscribers! Please help us spread the word during our September Subscription Blitz.For every person you refer who orders a 4-6 Show Package by September 30, they (and you) will be automatically entered in our True North Contest. The more people you refer, the more chance you will have to win! Here’s the link to send to friends: www.rubicontheatre.org/subscriptions. Or, they may simply mention your name when they order by phone by calling Rubicon Guest Services at 805.667.2900.
Make a donation to our Match Campaign and encourage friends to contribute.
More information and updates will be on our BLITZ page throughout September.
Official Contest Rules
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. OPEN TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE FIFTY (50) UNITED STATES (“U.S.”) AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA, WHO ARE AT LEAST TWENTY-ONE (21) YEARS OF AGE AS OF DATE OF ENTRY.
1. CONTEST PERIOD: The Rubicon True North Contest (the “Contest”) begins at 12:00:00 PM Pacific Time on September 1, 2019, and ends at 11:59:59 PM ET on September 30, 2019 (the “Contest Period”).
2. ELIGIBILITY: The Contest is only open to legal residents of the fifty (50) U.S. and the District of Columbia who are at least twenty-one (21) years of age. Employees, agents, officers and directors of Burnon Inc., dba Rubicon Theatre Company, Carnival Cruise Line, a division of Carnival Corporation (“Sponsor”), Carnival Corporation, the Ventura County Reporter, and Cumulus Media Group (collectively the “Contest Entities”), and their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, representatives and advertising agencies, Contest fulfillment and marketing agencies (collectively, “Released Parties”) and their immediate families (parents, spouses, children and siblings and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside), and household members, whether or not related, are not eligible to enter or win. Void where prohibited. Subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws.
3. TO ENTER: During the Contest Period, visit Rubicon Guest Services at 1006 E. Main Street, Ventura, CA 93001 and follow the instructions provided to complete and submit a registration form to receive one (1) entry into the Contest. Individuals who subscribe to 4-6 shows during September, or refer others who subscribe to 4-6 show packages will automatically be entered. Individuals who contribute $50 to the match campaign during the Contest Period or refer others who do so will be automatically entered. Submitting an Entry constitutes your consent to participate in the Contest and, unless otherwise indicated on the form, further indicates your consent for Rubicon to obtain and use your name, address, email and other details for marketing purposes.
4. ENTRY INFORMATION: Rubicon and Sponsors are not responsible for late, lost, stolen, incomplete, misdirected, undelivered, delayed, garbled, damaged, inaccurate or undelivered entries, or for telephonic, human or computer failures, problems or errors, interruptions in service due to system upgrades, repairs, modifications or other causes, failures or malfunctions of connections, satellite, network, cable, Internet Service Provider (ISP), phones, phone lines or telephone systems, traffic congestion on the Internet, technical or mechanical malfunctions, jumbled, scrambled, delayed or misdirected transmissions, or network, typographical, printing, electronic, computer, mechanical or other malfunctions or errors, whether caused by equipment, programming, human error or otherwise relating to or in connection with the Contest, including, without limitation, (i) errors in connection with the administration of the Contest, Entry processing, the announcement of the prize, the processing of Entries, or in any other Contest-related materials; (ii) interrupted or unavailable network, server, Internet Service Provider (ISP), cable, satellite or other connections; (iii) Internet traffic congestion or any technical problem, including, without limitation, any injury or damage to any person’s computer related to/resulting from Contest participation; (iv) typographical, printing or other errors or omissions in these Official Rules, in any Contest-related ads/materials; (v) human-processing error; (vi) electronic equipment, computer hardware or software failures; (vii) inaccurate entry information, whether caused by equipment, programming, human error, or otherwise; (viii) any condition caused by events that may cause the Contest to be disrupted or corrupted; or (ix) the inability of any winner to accept the prize. Persons found tampering with or abusing any aspect of this Contest or whose conduct potentially compromised the Sweepstakes or who are in violation of these Official Rules as solely determined by the Administrator, will be disqualified and all associated Entries will be void. Use of automated Entry software or programs is prohibited and Entry through any such means is void. Released Parties are also not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by site users, tampering, hacking, or by any equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest. Persons who tamper with or abuse any aspect of the Contest or website or who are in violation of these Official Rules, as solely determined by Rubicon and/or Sponsors, will be disqualified and all associated Entries will be void.
5. WINNER SELECTION: One (1) winner will be randomly selected from among all eligible entries received throughout the Contest Period on October 1 (shortly after midnight on September 30). Winner need not be present at the Rubicon Rally event on September 30 in order to win. Odds of winning will depend on the number of eligible Entries received.
6. PRIZE AND PRIZE DETAILS: One (1) Grand Prize winner will receive a 7-night cruise for winner and one (1) guest in an ocean view cabin on the Carnival Spirit sailing from Vancouver on April 20, 2020. Economy airfare will also be provided for winner and guest from L.A. to Vancouver, and from Seattle to L.A. at the conclusion of the cruise. The price also includes a one-night stay in a single room for two in Vancouver. The Approximate Retail Value of the package is $2,258. Winner and guest are responsible for transportation to and from L.A.X., applicable taxes, fees and port expenses, gratuities and any and all other expenses incurred in connection with the cruise, air travel and hotel, including without limitation, all excursion fees, specialty restaurant fees, travel insurance, bag check fees, parking fees, laundry service, alcoholic beverages, incidentals (including mini-bar), phone charges, merchandise, souvenirs and any and all other expenses not specifically identified in these Official Rules. Winner and guest must travel on April 20, 2020 to April 27, 2020 or winner may accept a cash payment of $1,000 instead. Winner and guest must have all necessary identification and/or travel documents (including but not limited to a valid passport) or other documents required for travel. Any difference between stated and actual value will not be awarded. Winner and travel guest(s) must travel on same itinerary. Winner and travel guest must satisfy Carnival Cruise’s requirements for cruise passage (available on www.carnival.com), including without limitation all check-in requirements, and the presentation of a major credit card. No changes will be made to travel details once any element(s) of the travel arrangements have been booked, except at Rubicon and/or Sponsor’s discretion. Lost or stolen tickets, travel vouchers or certificates or similar items, once they are in the winner’s possession, will not be replaced. Any unclaimed and/or unused prize element will be forfeited by and will remain the property of Rubicon and Sponsor. No refund or compensation will be made in the event of the cancellation or delay. Travel is subject to the terms and conditions set forth in these Official Rules and those set forth and detailed in the passenger ticket contract. In the event the winner and/or his or her guest engage in behavior that (as determined by Rubicon and/or Sponsors) is obnoxious or threatening, illegal or that is intended to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person, Sponsor reserves the right to terminate the trip or other applicable experience early, in whole or in part, and send winner and/or his or her travel guest home with no further compensation. Unused components of the prize have no redeemable cash value.
7. PRIZE AWARDING AND NOTIFICATION: The potential winner will be notified by email and/or telephone and must respond within five (5) calendar days from the date of notification or such winner may be disqualified and the prize awarded to an alternate winner. Rubicon and Sponsors may require the potential winner to provide evidence of eligibility (photocopy of a valid driver’s license or other government-issued identification) and contact details (including, without limitation, a valid e-mail address, mailing address and telephone number) to enable Rubicon and Sponsors to award the prize to the potential winner in accordance with the Official Rules. Rubicon and Sponsors reserves the right (at their sole discretion) to disqualify the potential winner if the potential winner is determined to be ineligible to participate and/or win the prize. Potential winner will be required to execute and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability, and (where legal) Publicity Release within five (5) days of date of issuance of notification. Grand Prize winner’s guest must be twenty-one (21) years of age or older. An individual’s age on the date of sailing determines his or her status on the entire sailing. Grand Prize winner’s guest will be required to sign and return a Liability Release and (where legal) Publicity Release prior to the issuance of travel documents. If the potential winner fails to respond within the specified time period or cannot be contacted; is ineligible according to these Official Rules; fails to return the required documents within the specified time period; or Rubicon/Sponsor’s sending of the required documents are returned as undeliverable; if the potential winner decides to decline the prize for any reason whatsoever; or if the potential winner otherwise fails to fully comply with these Official Rules, he/she will forfeit his/her prize and the prize may be awarded to an alternate winner from among all remaining eligible entries received, in the Sponsor’s sole discretion. Once the official paperwork is received and verified within the specified time period, then and only then will the potential winner be designated a winner. Rubicon and Sponsors assume no responsibility for an undeliverable prize resulting from a typographical error or change of address of entrant. Prize award is subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules.
Rubicon and Sponsors reserve the right at their sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the Contest if fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond reasonable control impairs or compromises the administration, security, integrity or fairness of the Contest (or portions thereof), as determined by Rubicon and/or Sponsors in their discretion, and limits entries to those submitted prior to the action taken, or to proceed in such a manner as may be deemed fair and equitable. In the event the Contest is cancelled or terminated, notice will be posted online and Rubicon reserves the right, at its discretion, to award the prize in a random drawing from among all eligible non-suspect entries received up to time of such action. In the event there is a discrepancy or inconsistency between disclosures or other statements contained in any Contest materials and the terms and conditions of the Official Rules, the Official Rules shall prevail, govern and control. Entry information becomes property of Rubicon and Sponsors.
8. GENERAL: By entering, each entrant agrees (1) that Rubicon and Sponsors and their designees shall have the right and permission to use in any manner (unless prohibited by law) entrant's name, voice, city and state of residence, and photographs and/or likeness for advertising and/or trade and/or Contest and/or any other purpose now or hereafter known anywhere in the world in perpetuity without further compensation, permission or notification to entrant or any third parties, except where prohibited by law; (2) to release the Released Parties from all liability and to indemnify, defend and hold harmless the Released Parties from and against any claim, action, liability, loss, injury or damage to entrant or any other person (including, without limitation, guest of Grand Prize winner) or entity, including, without limitation, infringement or violation of third-party rights or personal injury or death to entrant or any other person (including, without limitation, guest of Grand Prize winner) or damage to personal or real property, due in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, by reason of (a) the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of the prize (including any travel or activity related thereto); (b) participation in or administration of this Contest; (c) the exploitation of any of the rights granted herein; and (d) any element of this Contest; (3) to assume all liability for any injury or damage related to (2) (a)-(d); (4) to be bound by the Official Rules and the Administrator’s decisions which are final; (5) to waive all rights to claim or collect punitive, incidental, consequential or any other damages; (6) that all causes of action relating to this Contest will be resolved individually without resort to any form of class action; (7) that any and all claims, judgments, or awards shall be limited to actual out of pocket costs incurred, excluding attorneys' fees; and (8) that California law shall apply exclusively to the Contest and that any dispute with respect to the Contest shall be resolved in either the federal or state courts located in the County of Ventura, State of California. NOTICE TO ENTRANTS: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY CONTEST-RELATED WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS, AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, RUBICON RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEYS’ FEES) AND OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ATTEMPT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
9. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY; DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES: IN NO EVENT WILL THE RELEASED PARTIES AND/OR THEIR RESPECTIVE PARENT COMPANIES, SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, PARTNERS, REPRESENTATIVES, AGENTS, SUCCESSORS, ASSIGNS, EMPLOYEES, OFFICERS AND DIRECTORS, BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF THE SWEEPSTAKES, AND/OR DOWNLOADING FROM AND/OR PRINTING MATERIAL DOWNLOADED FROM ANY WEBSITES ASSOCIATED WITH THE SWEEPSTAKES. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE RELEASED PARTIES’ TOTAL LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ALL DAMAGES, LOSSES, OR CAUSES OF ACTION EXCEED FIVE DOLLARS ($5.00 USD). WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, THIS CONTEST AND PRIZE IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND FROM SPONSOR, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. CHECK YOUR LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS OR LIMITATIONS REGARDING THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS.
10. WINNER’S NAME: For the name of the winner, visit the Rubicon website at www.rubicontheatre.org after October 10, 2019, and no later than April 20, 2020.
BUY A PACKAGE OF 4 OR MORE SHOWS AND SAVE 15%!
Call, Visit or Email today!
Call Guest Services
Visit in person
Tues-Sat 12 pm to 6 pm
1006 E Main St Ventura, CA 93001
The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn
(optional addition for new subscribers)
Forever Plaid: Plaid Tidings
Never, Not Once
Alfred Hitchcock's The 39 Steps